My first day in Southern California

On this trip, the first day was one of the best ones. We got up early, went to pick up my aunt, and she showed me her new house. I love her house, its lovely with a great front and back yard. I am so happy for her.

We went to pick up my dad,and I was so nervous, as I wasn't sure he would remember me. He totally DID remember me , and for this I am so grateful.

We went to one of our favorite places, the beach!! In Southern California, there are many to choose from, but we went to Balboa Pier, where there is a restaurant on the end called Ruby's Diner. I loved this, as did my dad, sister, and Aunt. We had a GREAT breakfast, and spent a long time visiting with my dad.

The views, were spectacular, and we saw starfish on the beach, and were able to collect some great shells. There had been days of rain and some storms, so much was washed up. The starfish were bigger than my hands, coral pink colored and purple colors. What a great day, the temperatures, the breeze, the view, seeing Catalina Island in the distance, wow, I loved it all.

Thank you to God for allowing my life, my family and the little joys that mean everything to me. These are the kinds of things that make me smile and bring a joy in my heart. I never want to forget all the things, colors, smells, etc, and the palm trees made me even smile. Most of all, that my dad enjoyed the day. :)